Forest Professional – RPF / RFT – Job Description
Tyhee Forestry Consultants Ltd. is in beautiful Smithers, BC. For 30 years we have provided technical and management services to the resource industry.
Our Mission: To provide value to our clients and employees while practicing sound resource stewardship.
- Supporting out client’s stewardship goals by delivering outstanding quality
- Encouraging a safe and positive team atmosphere
- Approaching every task with professionalism and efficiency
- Supporting our employee’s goals through mentorship and technical skill development
Smithers sits between the Babine Mountains and Hudson Bay Mountain, on the world famous Bulkley River. This picturesque community is a great year-round base for outdoor activities. It’s well-known for fishing, hunting, golfing, white water, skiing, and snowmobiling. Smithers features great restaurants, shops, galleries, museums, and friendly people. There’s something here for everyone.
- Work in a smaller company where your work really matters to the greater good of natural resource management
- Live, Work and Play in the Beautiful Bulkley Valley
- Flexible work schedules, a diverse and inclusive workplace, with opportunities for professional development.
- Comprehensive safety and health and benefit plan
- Continued training and mentoring to help you grow your skill set.
- Total compensation package of – $65,000 – $80,000 per year
Who We’re Looking For?
Tyhee is looking for a Forest Professionals that will be part of our small fun team to meet our clients resource stewardship goals. The ideal candidate must be registered with the ABCFP and authorized to practice professional forestry in BC, have a love of the outdoors an awesome attitude and sense of humour.
What Will You Do?
As a Forest Professional, you will be involved in a variety of projects around the Bulkley Valley and Northern BC.
- Manage projects through completion
- Staff Supervision and Quality Assurance
- Client and MoF Communications and liaison
- Field work in all phases of development projects, riparian and ecosystem assessment, layout and timber cruising
- Permit preparation including site plans and appraisals
If you are looking for a change or just interested in knowing more please contact me Peter Tweedie, RPF, the owner and we can discuss things further at 250-847-3101. You can also send an email with or without your resume to Peter@tyhee.ca. We seriously review all applications and all applications will be contacted within 24 hours.